Bye Bye Man Review

Catherine Becker, Staff Writer

If you like horror movies I would consider seeing this movie because it has interesting horror scenery. Bye Bye Man was directed by Stacy Title. Stacy Title has also directed The Last Supper, Hood of Horror, Let the Devil Wear Black and Down on the Waterfront. It was released in January 13, 2017. It has not won any awards yet, since it was just recently released. To me other people liked it, only if they like horror movies.

Bye ByeMan is about when three college friends stumble upon the horrific origins of the Bye Bye Man, the Bye Bye Man is a paranormal shadow, they discover that there is only one way to avoid his curse: “don’t think it, don’t say it”. But once the Bye Bye Man gets inside your head, he takes control. Is there a way to survive his possession? The big theme is horror and how to help your friends and what should someone do when it comes down to the final time. Some of the actors in Bye Bye Man are Douglas Smith, Carrie-Anne Moss, Lucien Laviscount, Cressida Bonas, Faye Dunaway, Doug Jones and Jenna Kanell.

Some parts in Bye Bye Man I liked especially when he always showed up and how the actors reacted to him coming. Also, to see what some of the people would do to get rid of the curse of the Bye Bye Man. Another part that was my favorite was were people would get scared. Bye Bye Man is similar to Get Out which was just recently released. Get Out is directed by Jordan Peele.

One thing I didn’t like in the Bye Bye Man is where it ended. They need to make Bye Bye Man into a sequel, especially since they ended it the way they did. Another thing I didn’t like was the way they started the movie, it didn’t make sense until half way through the movie. At the end of the movie it seemed like everything fit since it made sense when it got half way through the movie.

Yes, I would recommend someone to watch Bye Bye Man especially if I know they like watching horror movies. I would highly recommend it especially since I thought it was good. Bye Bye Man had some parts where you are on the edge of your seat, even at the parts where some people jump.  I loved watching this movie with my best friends, especially since they like watching horror movies.