Can You Spare A Moment?

Mikayla Rix, Staff Writer

Hinsdale is a small populated community on the outskirts of Cattaraugus county. Within this community there are many little Bobcats running around. In the Hinsdale Central School District there are many different sports teams. One in particular is bowling. This team has recently joined forces with the Rebels from Cuba-Rushford. During their season the Bobcats and Rebels create a powerhouse of a team. To join this team you do not need anything,  just yourself. The different alleys have bowling balls and shoes that you can use for that specific match. This is a fairly new program that is trying to build itself into a great sports team and turn into a very competitive sport

The Bobcat bowling team, coached by Scott Berent, consists of thirteen members. There are four from Cuba and the rest reside in Hinsdale. Leading the girls’ team, a senior and a two-year member of the team, is Mikala Rix averaging a 188.  Alongside her are senior Olivia Cashmire and Jenna Lipka, a sophomore. On the alternate girls team is a senior Shaunna De Carlo, junior Cydney Graves, and 9th grader Allison Larrabee.

Leading the boys team, averaging a 164 is freshman, is Nathan Pinney. Along side him are senior Darieon Carpenter and sophomore Caleb Lentz. On the alternate  boy’s team is eighth grader Ethan Rix, freshman Keegan Rowland, eighth grader Nathan Armstrong, seventh grader Noah Seigel, and seventh grader Austin Pinney.

This particular season started on November eleventh and will end in February, when some bowlers will go to sectionals in Buffalo.  Throughout the season so far we will play against Allegany Limestone, Catt- Little Valley, Gowanda, Salamanca, Ellicottville, and West Valley. So far in this season we have played against Ellicottville and Salamanca, winning all points against Ellicottville and falling short against Salamanca. Some upcoming games are against Gowanda, West Valley and Allegany Limestone. This year’s team is looking forward to sending more participants to sectionals in February to represent Hinsdale and Cuba- Rushford Central Schools.